Friday, April 24, 2020

Blossom by Blossom



Blossom by blossom the spring begins.”
 — Algernon Charles Swinburne

Spring in North Carolina is a glorious time, blue, blue skies, flowers and birdsong everywhere.   This year, all that beauty is superimposed with the specter of illness and death.  So hard to hold both of these realities at the same time.


I walk outside and see my beloved hostas, yellow and purple irises.  The glory is there, the color is there but it is almost as if a thin black veil covers them all.


How to capture this feeling ?


I am so thankful for being able to ground myself with peaceful moments of running fiber and yarn through my hands.


COVID Spring was finished this evening.  


Tonight, the death toll in the United States exceeded 50,000.  Uncertainty seems to rule the day.  Yet, bloom by bloom spring is here and inspires hope and faith.


COVID Spring
April 24, 2020
9 inches by 9 inches
Wool warp with handspun weft.
8 ends per inch, woven on a Mirrix loom.

4 comments:

  1. I love watching you chronicle events through your tapestries. You are so inspiring to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete