Sunday, October 18, 2020

My Pandemic Secret Weapon- Cary Quilting

 I like many others have exhausted my usual arsenal of coping devices during this pandemic and political season.  The combination of increased work and life stress and limited opportunities to socialize and commiserate in person has been exhausting.  Top that with my long loved husband being a conservative Republican.  Oy Vey!


But this post is one of gratitude for the big and little things that get us through. Like Cary Quilting Company. As my interest in stitching developed, this store was a lovely distraction. In the worst of lockdown, you could order a bag of scraps, fat quarters or whatever and pick it up curbside.  This was such a treat to have a bag of surprises to grab and take home to play with.



Within this happy space is my primary destination.   Just digging through this bin during my lunch hour on a discouraging day at work was my remedy many days.



Scraps are sold by the ounce.  I found when too down or tired to craft, I found satisfaction just washing and ironing them.



This store has been a lifesaver for me. Both visiting and playing with my scrappy treasures.




Thankfully I  have moved beyond just ironing scraps.  The staff at the store helped me pick out fabric. I am making a quilt for Riley's birthday. 


This long ago pieced and forgotten throw has been hand quilted and bound.  Need to work on those mitered corners though.  Thank you Cary Quilting for getting this weaver through a season of despair.


 

3 comments:

  1. I love scrappy bits ... how lucky you are to have such a great supplier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post. Presenting 24ent a Social Media Music App for enjoying latest music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this helpful information. Presenting NewzKast the best for getting Trending news of today. Now, stay updated all the times with newzkast.

    ReplyDelete