Thursday, January 17, 2019

Round the Mountain



This morning I headed to Black Mountain to do some work in our western office.  As I came across the continental divide it started to snow, big fluffy flakes that thankfully melted right away.  After work, I headed to the Blue Spiral 1.


This is a lovely gallery in downtown Asheville, NC with a invitational show called "Into the Blue."  So glad I was able to take in this show and see several tapestries by Connie Lippert.

Achadh
25 x 26


Detail of Achadh

Finishing detail of Achadh


Ghigau
25 x 24

Refraction
25 X 30





Ice Palace
26 x 30
I am a huge fan of Connie's work.  She is coming to North Carolina in March to do a wedge weave class for my guild.  More details here.

The show included a variety of work, paintings, sculptural pieces as well as the tapestries.



1 comment: