Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stupas, Massages and Falling in Love


After breakfast at The Coffee Pot we visited the Amitabha Stupa and Peace Park, this is in the heart of Sedona and a lovely place to wander and wonder.


There were peace flags throughout the park.

Not only beautiful this is also a sacred place.

Could we wish for More?

We headed to a Sedona Spa where Rachel had us scheduled for luxury pedicures and a sweat lodge massage.  It was my first massage and I was a bit apprehensive but Rachel put me at ease and went first.

The massage was wonderful, just when the heat was almost unbearable they put ice cold wraps on my face.  It was a really unique experience.   I never would have booked it but so glad Rachel did!

We then headed to one of my new favorite places, Jerome.  We had lunch at the Haunted Hamburger.

Rachel enjoying an adult beverage at the Haunted Hamburger.
Do not ask, I do not have a clue what this represents.
Rachel in front of a smelter.  Jerome was a mining town that collapsed economically when the mine closed.  Believe it or not it was saved when the hippies discovered it and moved in.
This describes Jerome beautifully.

The old elementary school was turned into art studios and galleries.   We met Robin Anderson who demonstrated etching on metal.







No comments:

Post a Comment